The Client Code feature allows you to test large groups without having to enter each of their names and emails individually. Instead, you can provide your group with a personalized test link and test-specific code using your own distribution method.
Important: Each time someone uses your test link and test code, one of your test credits will be deducted from your account, so it is important that you take steps to prevent your test link and test code from being misused. Please see the Important Notes below for more information.
To enable the Client Code Feature:
Visit www.truity.com and log into your account.
- If you have already added clients on your Manage Clients page, stop and read Important Note #2 below before continuing.
Click on My Account in the menu to navigate to your account details.
On your Account Details page, scroll down until you see the section called Client Code Settings. Click "Enable" and then scroll to the end of the page and click the Save button.
When the page reloads, return to the Client Code settings area. Now you will see the information that you need to give your clients.
To use the Client Code Feature to send tests to your group:
Return to your Account Details page by logging into your Truity account and clicking on My Account in the menu. Scroll down to the Client Code Settings area to locate your personal login link and test codes.
Give each of your clients the link to your personal login page and the 8-digit code for the test(s) you want them to take.
When clients use the link, they will be taken to our site and prompted to enter the 8-digit code. Next, they will be prompted to enter their name, email address, and a password to create an account, before they are taken to the test page. At this time, one of your test credits will be used and the information the client entered will be populated to your Manage Clients page.
After the client has completed the test, their results will be upgraded immediately and you will be able to view their report by going to your Manage Clients page and clicking on View Reports to the right of their name and then the name of the test.
Important Notes - Please Read To Ensure This Process Goes Smoothly1. Take steps to ensure your test link and test code are not misused:
- When you use the Client Code feature, anyone with your link and the code can use the information to take tests and deduct credits from your account, so it is important that you take steps to prevent your information from being misused.
- You may request that your test codes be reset at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This will deactivate any previously issued test codes.
- Do not post your client code information in a public place, like on your website or in a newsletter.
- If possible, send your test link and test code to batches of smaller groups, instead of to everyone at once, so you can request that your test codes be reset after each batch of test-takers have completed their tests.
- We suggest that you let your clients/test-takers know not to use the test link and test code more than once without authorization and to not share the information with anyone else.
- Keep a close eye on your Manage Clients page and Credit Usage History page to make sure that only authorized clients appear and that they are not reusing your client code login and test code.
2. The test link will not work if you do not have test credits available:
- If you do not have test credits available in your account, anyone who uses your client code link will receive a message that the account is not active.
- After you have added additional test credits to your account, please allow up to 30 minutes for the system to update and recognize that you have test credits available before your client code link will work.
3. Switching from adding clients on the manage clients page to the Client Code method:
- If you have already added clients on your Manage Clients page, you can still switch over to the Client Code method of sending tests. Please follow these steps:
- Cancel any tests sent to clients who will be using the Client Code method by clicking "Cancel Test" to the right of their name on your Manage Clients page.
- Remove each of these clients from your Manage Clients page by clicking "Remove Client" to the right of their name.
- If you do not do both of the above steps, the Client Code method may not work properly. Canceling the tests sent will return the test credits previously used for those tests to your account, so they can be used with the Client Code method, and removing the clients from your Manage Clients page will prevent problems with the Client Code login link.